5 Tops Tips to Stay Motivated
"Motivation for day in day out training is hard; I know from my own experiences that I swing in roundabouts with motivation."
We caught up with FGS Striver, Tom Pritchard, @spartangeektom. Tom is a Spartan race fanatic and an amateur hockey player. He gives his top tips for staying motivated day-to-day.
5 Motivation Hacks
- Set obtainable goals, for me this looks like a goal weight I want to push or a time for my running I wish to obtain. Build this into your workout plan. This will give you a daily goal, even if that is sometimes just telling you to rest which is so important. A structured plan will increase your motivation and help tenfold for the results you are looking for.
- Give yourself a real reward.
“An extrinsic reward is so powerful because your brain can latch on to it and make the link that the behavior is worthwhile.” - Charles Duhigg
- Great music to workout to. This is person specific, but I love the Rocks playlists on Spotify.
- Find people to train with, workout buddies support you, but you also support them which makes it a self-fulfilling cycle.
- My last hack is just is just enjoy what you do! If you live the gym do it, cross is for you. do it! Team sport do it.
Do what you love, and the motivation will come!!